Spring Vehicle Maintenance Kenosha Racine WI
Once the snow melts and the ground thaws out, most people feel the urge to do some spring cleaning to clear out the build-up of winter in their homes and lives. Spring is a prime time to clean out your vehicle and make sure it has no lasting damage from the harsh winter. You can trust the team at Palmen Auto Stores in Kenosha and Racine to help you rid your vehicle of winter residue and get ready for the spring and summer months ahead!
Spring Maintenance Tips at Palmen Auto Stores
While we always recommend you follow your owner's manual for recommended service, there are a few things you can do in the spring to ensure your vehicle is in tip-top shape going into the hot months. Some spring maintenance that we recommend you having a service professional perform includes:
- Flush and refill the cooling system. The level, condition, and concentration of your coolant should be checked periodically.
- Check the condition of tires, including the spare. Your tires go through a lot in the winter, so checking your tire pressure when the tires are cold will give you the most accurate reading. Don’t forget to check your spare tire as well!
- Check the condition of belts, clamps, and hoses.
- Change your oil and filter, as well as replace other filters like air and fuel filters as needed.
- Inspect all of the lights and bulbs in your vehicle so that you can replace burned out bulbs.
- Replace worn out wiper blades. The harsh effects from salt or sand dumped on icy roads can wear out your wiper blades, so get fresh blades on your vehicle before the spring showers hit.
The team of service professionals at each of our Palmen Auto Stores are friendly and knowledgeable to help you get your vehicle serviced efficiently! You can schedule a service appointment online at the store nearest to you before you come to Palmen Auto Stores!
View Our New Inventory